rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Dark Swan
Gena Showalter
Spirit Bound - Christine Feehan

Book two was an enjoyable read. I liked Rikki and Lev's characters more than I did Judith and Stefan, but I wasn't bored or disappointed. This book started out similar to the first, in the sense that, I didn't think Stefan should have acknowledged/accepted/gave into his feelings for Judith so quickly. He doesn't question the attraction enough for a man raised to be a killing cold-blooded machine. He should have fought it more. In his own mind, he stops questioning the attraction and acknowledges to himself that she is the one and he was going to have a new life with her, far too quickly. I would have liked to see him be a bit more rough around the edges, a bit colder.

Judith was an entertaining heroine. I liked her back story and she was a beautiful character to read. The plot and conflict mirror the first book, meaning there are two bad guys: one from the past and one from the present. I loved how Lev and Stefan reconnect. I absolutely loved the "bee scene" and the scene in the woods where they come face to face with each other after so many years apart. (I have not included either scene in my favorites section, you just have to read the book to find out how Lev uses a bee to "chase" Stefan off, and how the brothers reconnect after so long). I'm still waiting for the time the brothers meet up with Ilya, Jackson and all of the Drakes. That hasn't happened yet, but I am very much looking forward to it and I hope it happens soon. Overall, Rikki and Lev's story had more funny moments, this one did have a poignant moment on the balcony between Judith and Stefan, and one near the end when Stefan comes to the rescue, but overall the first book was better. I am looking forward to the next one though, so this one is still a definite read if you have loved the Drake Sisters and/or The Sisters of the Heart series.