rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

The Rose Red Bride
Claire Delacroix
Embrace the Wild - Caris Roane

This installment fell short for me. It was too predictable; I knew what would happen, how it would happen, and when it would happen. The dilemma between the two was the same as the other couples; they didn't want to be in a committed relationship for whatever reason. So, of course, they fought it until their lives were in danger before realizing that they loved each other and had loved each other for a while, but they were too blinded by their own desires not to commit. At this point I wanted more from the series, but it is the same formula from one book to the next. Her Guardians Series is less predictable, though they too tended to fight the need to bond, but with that series the plot and villain and conflict carried the story making it ok for some predictability to take place. With this one Margetta wasn't much of a problem, so even she was a bit weak in this installment. I love Caris' writing and her storytelling ability, she can carry a story from beginning to end and have a well developed plot, this one just didn't do it for me.  I hope the next one is better, for which I will read because I have read everything Caris has written, because generally speaking I love her work.

*This copy was gifted in exchange for an honest review*