rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Hard Breaker: A Beauty and Beast Novel (Gargoyles Series)
Christine Warren
Leopard's Prey - Christine Feehan

Book 6 in the Leopard series by Christine Feehan was good, I liked Bijou. I also enjoyed returning to the Boudreaux family and enjoyed how the brothers harassed Remy.  The antagonist was really hard to spot until the very end, which is always good, I hate being able to figure out who the bad guy is before the main characters do.  I was sad to find out who it ended up being, but Feehan did do a good job of keeping the antagonist under wraps until she was ready for the reader to know. It wasn't my favorite in the series, it was kind of average in the grand scheme of the Leopard series.  I think Drake's, Jake's, and Rio's books were better and kept my interest throughout the story.  That is not to say I didn't enjoy this installment. If you are reading the series, or plan to, don't skip it, it is still worth reading and you will not get bored. I am going to start book 7 immediately, though I am disappointed that I don't recognize the characters in book 7.  I want more with the Boudreaux brothers, especially Gage :-) so I hope she has plans to return to New Orleans and that family. Overall, this was a good read, if a bit on the average side. I really like Remy and the backstory between him and Bijou. Their romance was an explosive and passionate one. I am glad to see that Bijou finally ended up with a family that will care about her and support her (because her dad would have never earned the father-of-the-year award) and the people that were around her were around her only for what they could get out of being "friends" with her.  I am happy for her happy ending.