rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Once Upon a Rose (La Vie en Roses Book 1)
Laura Florand
The Pirate Next Door -  Jennifer Ashley

Jennifer Ashley writes beautiful historical romances and when I found out she blended her historical with pirates, I was so interested!  I enjoyed her characters and I loved how Alexandra comes rushing to save her pirate next door, Captain Finley. The plot was a bit slow at times and when the couple gets together for the first time I thought it a bit abrupt. Finley went from saying he wasn't looking for a wife and pushing her away to coming in to rescue her from his arch enemy and then bam!, they are together.  That moment, though delicious and cute, had me pausing and wondering wasn't he just pushing her away and now he isn't fighting the attraction, weird.  Other than that moment, the story was entertaining, though sometimes slow.  She was a great match, character-wise, for Finley, he needed a strong woman. I loved the epilogue, I thought that was just the most perfect ending and it does leave it open for the next one, which I have already picked up to read.  Overall, enjoyable read, just a bit slow in parts, but if you have enjoyed Jennifer Ashley's books in the past than I recommend you picking this one up too at some point.