rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Once Upon a Rose (La Vie en Roses Book 1)
Laura Florand
Abyss (Eyes of the Republic #4) - Claire Delacroix

Tupperman was introduced in book 1 as Montgomery's boss at the police station.  He later was discovered by Montgomery to also be a fallen angel and a point of contact for the angels who take on missions on Earth.  From that moment on, he was always present as a secondary character, but he never had his own story.  The series started out as a trilogy and when Claire Delacroix republished the series it gave her a chance to tell Tupperman's story in a 4th installment.  His story takes place several years after the end of book 3.  Hundreds of angels fell at that point and became an army called the Watchful Host and Tupperman decided to remain on Earth for a new mission.  He is now the contact between the Watchful Host and his network of spies and sources.  At the beginning of this story, 18 Watchful Host soldiers are dead and Tupperman is suspected of being at fault. He takes time off and heads to New Mexico, not realizing that he is being followed and set up to take the fall for all of the deaths.  On his train ride from New D.C. to New Mexico, he meets Kara.  Kara was in New D.C. in hopes of meeting with the Oracle.  She fails and is on her way home disheartened, until she sees that her seat is next to the very attractive Tupperman.  Kara was an independent yet vulnerable character. Her character was definitely a perfect match for Tupperman.  Their adventure was fun and fast. Overall the book was a very quick read and was easy to get into. The shower scene on the train was just yummy. I liked that she knew what she wanted and went for it, and when she learned the truth about what Tupperman really was she didn't let it stop her from reaching out to him and to what she wants in her life-him. The conflict and villains were exciting and there were a few surprises which helped it to not become predictable. Overall, I enjoyed this series. If I have one tiny beef about how the story ended, it would be that there was no epilogue. It just ended. I would have loved to have seen into the future to their happy ever after. I would have loved to have seen Tupperman as a dad.