rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Hard Breaker: A Beauty and Beast Novel (Gargoyles Series)
Christine Warren
MacLean's Passion - Sharon Cullen

I picked this book up at NetGalley because of the very first line in the description, "Perfect for fans of Maya Banks and Monica McCarty, Sharon Cullen’s Highland Pride series continues as Scotland’s most reckless smuggler meets his match in a beautiful spitfire who arouses a renewed sense of duty, camaraderie, and passion." So I decided to give it and a new author a go. I was very pleased that I did. She does have the moments of emotional turmoil and tear-jerk reactions that McCarty presents; and her plot lines, conflict, and character development are strong, well thought out and entertaining. The only draw back was the sex scenes were kind of lack -luster in how they were written. Not the content but they weren't as powerful and passion filled as McCarty's. This does not detract from the great story telling and the adventure her characters, Maggie and Collin, go on. I loved their chemistry, the highs and lows within their relationship, and the fact that Maggie was a real spitfire! I loved her spirit but also her moments of vulnerability. I will definitely read book 1, this being book 2, and book 3 when it comes out. Very enjoyable read that I had difficulty putting down at times. YAY for finding a new author to drool over. Oy vey! A new author to keep track of and follow!! :-)