rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Hard Breaker: A Beauty and Beast Novel (Gargoyles Series)
Christine Warren
On the Hunt - Alexandra Ivy

A short story that doesn't fall to the curse of the novella. The couple grew up together and then years later after he went into sentinel training and she went into healer training, they came back together and became lovers. Things were great, marriage was planned, and then she ran. Ten years later the story picks up. He is a full-fledged Sentinel who has never gotten over her and no one has been able to take her place. He is sent to Louisiana to seek out a young acolyte who has run away only to be led right to her door step in his hunt for the boy. Truths are revealed, passions rekindle, and lives are saved from the Brotherhood.  I enjoyed this super short story and I liked that they didn't fall in love in 24 hours or something silly like that. Having the ten years from start to finish made them coming together in the end right. It made sense and it was a sweet story. I liked it. I liked even more that Wolfe played match maker because he knew Bailey was there and that their paths would cross.