rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Hard Breaker: A Beauty and Beast Novel (Gargoyles Series)
Christine Warren
A Highlander's Christmas Kiss (Highland Heirs) - Paula Quinn

Paula Quinn knows how to weave a beautiful and compelling love story. We met Cailean in Malcolm's book. He is the brother Malcolm took to a whore house to be with his first woman. Now, Cailean has become a different man, a much harder and colder man. He has known loss and has decided that love was not in his future and that he didn't want to go through the heartache of losing the ones he loved again, so he became a mercenary and left home. Temperance loves life and loves her home. She is betrothed to a childhood friend but doesn't want to marry anyone without love. All of her dreams change in one blood-soaked night. She ends up nursing a man that she finds badly wounded in her cabbage patch after that heart-wrenching night never realizing that man she is nursing back to health had a very active role in the loss of her family. Cailean tries to resist her, he knows what he has done and the guilt weighs heavily on him, but they are drawn together and she slowly shows him that his cold existence isn't what he wants in his life. But will she ever forgive him when she finds out the role he played in her father's death? The story was passionate, beautiful, saddening, emotional, and very enjoyable to read. I enjoyed it a lot! It was just such a beautifully romantic story and Quinn's ability to weave a plot together with intriguing characters and a dynamic conflict is just delicious to watch unfold. I highly recommend this one!

This was a Netgalley book given in exchange for an honest review.