rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Power Game (GhostWalker Novel, A)
Christine Feehan
Leopard's Fury (A Leopard Novel)
Christine Feehan
Firelight - Kristen Callihan

The characters are dynamic and complex. Passionate and tortured.  From the moment they meet to the moment he comes back into her life and marries her, their adventure and love story is full of highs and lows. Emotion and heartache. Throw in a large dose of mystery that she has to solve in order to win his love and trust, and it gives the reader such a fun adventure to follow.

For a good portion of the book, Miranda and Archer kind of investigate the murders separately. He does it because the ones being killed are his friends and he wants to protect Miranda, even to the point of not confiding anything to her. She sets out to learn his secrets and who the murderer is in order to protect him from being targeted and framed. Doing things separately do make for some tense moments and when he finally stops fighting his attraction towards his wife it leads to all secrets being revealed in an explosion of light in a darkened bedroom. I loved their passion, their emotion, and his all-consuming love for this woman. I enjoyed how she ends up saving him in the end, though she does cut it awfully close. This is the first book by this author I have read and I enjoyed her ability to tell a compelling story and to draw out the emotions from her characters slowly. It draws the reader into the lives of the two main characters and keeps the reader turning the page.

If you enjoy Historical England and paranormal romance, then this one is for you.