rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Leopard's Fury (A Leopard Novel)
Christine Feehan
The Warrior (The Rogues of Ravensmuir, #3) - Claire Delacroix

The third book in the Rogues of Ravensmuir takes place 18 years after the first two books, and focuses on Gawain and Evangeline's son, Michael, known as Hawk. Hawk returned to Inverfyre to reclaim his mother's lands and waged war for 18 years. On his arrival he meets Adaira, the old hag who aided Evangeline. There is a lot of history between the souls of Adaira and Hawk. Adaira dies in his arms and 18 years later he still can't forget her words or the visions she shared with him. When he lays eyes on Aileen, his soul recognizes her for who she truly is, his soul mate and Adiara reborn (also Anne, and every other reincarnation that she has taken since their love began). Without going into too much details on the back story of the two main characters, Michael, Hawk, pretty much kidnaps her and forces her into marriage. Not the best way to start a life together even if they are drawn to each other from the moment they lay eyes on each other. Her developing visions, his doubts about whether he can truly trust her or anyone so close to the final battle to win Inverfyre, and their burgeoning understanding that their souls have lived many lives all ending the same way--with one betraying the other and their chance at a happy ever after lost yet again for another life time, blend into a story that is hard to put down. I really looked forward to reading this one, the whole concept of two souls joined forever yet never truly succeeding in being together was intriguing. It didn't disappoint and it definitely didn't hurt that Aileen isn't some meek push over. She stands up and fights for what she wants when she realizes that it is up to her to win Hawk and prove to him that he can trust her. Very enjoyable. I loved it.

I was given a complimentary copy of this book by the author.