rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Bound to a Spy: An All the Queen's Spies Novel
Sharon Cullen
Tempted by Fire: Dragons of Bloodfire - Erin Kellison

It was a very short read, almost too short. The story moves along well until Judith and Calvin arrive at Lady Fane's residence.  Once they are in his cabin things move too quickly.  I would have loved for things to continue at a bit of a slower pace, or at least have the writing longer if not the time frame of the plot.  Once they give in to their passions it is like wam-bam-thank-you-ma'am.  There was no finesse, no details, it was just quick. After that his struggle to not harm her and how she protects herself was good, but then when he arrives to speak with Lady Fane after Judith has left it is back to being rushed.  I needed more from the relationship, more interactions, more emotion, and more passion.  I just needed more.  This story could have been really good, the concept was great, the set up for the emotional tension of the situation was great, but the writing was rushed. I love Erin's writing and the Bloodkin series is great, I just wanted more out of this novella.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader’s Copy of this book.