rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Power Game (GhostWalker Novel, A)
Christine Feehan
Leopard's Fury (A Leopard Novel)
Christine Feehan
Shadowdance - Kristen Callihan

The two main characters are so richly drawn out and depicted in this story, especially Jack. We met Jack in Ian and Daisy's book. He was Ian's smart mouthed valet with impeccable fashion sense. He was also the man violently tortured in Winston and Poppy's book.  From the get go he and Mary Chase have been explosive together. They can't stand the sight of each other. In this book, they are forced to partner up to solve a serial murder case that Jake hasn't been able to solve on his own. I won't go into details about said case or Mary's other purposes for working with Jack, but needless to say, their story was explosive from beginning to end. The conflict and villain were super good (I know, not eloquently phrased but it fits--it was super good). The plot and the pace at which their relationship blooms and grows was great; they actually don't come together till very close to the end but man the story and passion are not lacking due to the late development of them coming together. Jack is such a complex character and Callihan does a superb job dropping hints about who he is without giving too much away. His character builds steadily and beautifully. Mary Chase is a great addition to the Darkest London scene and I enjoyed her in her small role in Ian and Daisy's book and her slightly bigger role in Poppy and Winston's book. But she doesn't truly come into being until she sets out to rescue Jack from his torture. At that moment, you know there is more to them than hate. In this book, she is strong and fights for what she wants but she also does not beg for a man's attention, and Jack has to fight to win her trust and love. This book, I think, I have to say is my favorite in the series. Loved every page and every detail.