rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Hard Breaker: A Beauty and Beast Novel (Gargoyles Series)
Christine Warren
Simply Irresistible (Flatiron Five) - Deborah Cooke

I am not a fan of erotic romances or the modern millionaire-playboy-meets-the-girl romances. I much prefer historical and paranormal romances, so this wasn't my kind of genre. Deborah Cooke asked me to read it so I thought I'd give it a shot. It had its moments. The fake date relationship between Amy and Ty was good and even her curiosity about the BDSM world added some spice, but after her two sessions at the gym, I hoped she would have leaned more towards Ty and not Matteo. I didn't particularly like Amy. At times she behaved so naively, especially about Matteo. She had a great guy in Ty and she considers throwing it away for the possibility of saving Matteo and having her sexual adventure. Ty was also a bit too forgiving, I mean they make love and in less than an hour or so since he leaves, she is calling Matteo specifically to have sex. Dude, I mean what is wrong with her?  I would have washed my hands of her at that point and I would have told her the truth before walking away. Why he would be worrying about her feelings when she is turning to another man shortly after they were together was mind blowing. There was one aspect that I really did love, throughout the story the two main characters quoted Pride and Prejudice, The Importance of Being Ernest, and several other authors and romantic comedy movies. That made me smile a lot. Love me some Austen and Wilde.

The story does end well. She wasn't angry when the truth came out, which I kind of expected, but it would have been predictable so I think it was a plus that she wasn't. I am curious about the other partners' stories, so the plot concept is good and progressed smoothly and intrigued me. My only negative was Amy's naïve manner about wanting to save Matteo in spite of a great guy like Ty. I'm glad he opened up his views to accept what she needed but the choice between the two men should have been a no-brainer.