rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

When Darkness Ends (Guardians of Eternity Book 12)
Alexandra Ivy
Power Game (GhostWalker Novel, A)
Christine Feehan
The Beauty (The Bride Quest II) by Claire Delacroix (2012-03-30) - Claire Delacroix

Book two follows Jacqueline, who we met in book one.  She is the one that is almost raped in book one by her intended husband.  She has decided that she would rather join a convent then risk marriage to a man.  On her way there she is kidnapped by Angus who thinks she is Mairi, Cormac's son. (We found out in book one that she died instead of marrying a man she didn't want).  The two start off on an adventure of vengeance and discovery. Angus wants nothing to do with her, all he wants is to reclaim his ancestral home after being in the Crusades for the last 15 years. His home has been claimed by someone else and he thinks that "Mairi" is the way to get it back.  He will ransom her in order to get his home back.  Sparks fly and they, of course, fight it because they both want different things in their lives, but when they give in their passion and the moment is sweet and sensual.  Angus takes into account her past with her intended when they finally come together. They end up imprisoned in Angus' home by the man claiming ownership (which is not Jacqueline's family), and while in the dungeon Angus' demons from his days in the Crusades comes to the forefront and Jacqueline comes to his aid to deal with his demons.  In the end, Angus turns her away and she finds herself in the convent.  It isn't what she thought it would be but Angus does not want her so she was going to make the best of it.  The conclusion was so sweet when he finally shows up for her.  Their story was entertaining and passionate.  Both had demons they had to deal with and in the end, they realize they are stronger together.

A copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book and my comments here are my honest opinion.