rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Hard Breaker: A Beauty and Beast Novel (Gargoyles Series)
Christine Warren
The Last True Hero (The Burned Lands Book 2) - Bec McMaster

Book two in Bec McMaster's post-apocalyptic series was entertaining and a fun adventure. Book 2 follows Adam as he wonders the Wastelands after being run-out of the town he founded once his secret was revealed that he is a warg.  He finds himself in Mia's bar and there is something about Mia that keeps him coming back around to verbally spar and flirt with her.  He steps up to help her town rescue a group of women who are kidnapped to be sold in the slave markets.  While on their adventure, sparks fly between Adam and Mia, and battles ensue between them and revenants (zombies), reivers (criminal-minded humans hell bent on destruction), and of course wargs (men who turn into werewolves). I enjoyed their story.  I did like book one, Nobody's Hero, more than book two, but I did enjoy their love story and adventure.