rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Once Upon a Rose (La Vie en Roses Book 1)
Laura Florand
I Dared the Duke - Anna Bennett

This was a very enjoyable and beautiful story. I loved how Alex and Beth came together and how their relationship progressed. It was not rushed, but rather took its time to develop and I enjoyed watching it unfold. I also like that along the way she helped him to see that he could be desired and he helped her to see that she could be needed and loved. When they meet she is not impressed with his rude behavior and his lack of care for his grandmother. He has only one goal when he arrives at his London townhouse, to send his grandmother to the country to protect her from someone who has tried to kill him twice. What he doesn't expect is to meet a feisty companion who defends his grandmother from what she sees as his selfish desires to get rid of his grandmother so he can live it up as the rake he is known for in London without her hanging on. They strike a deal, he will grant his grandmother 3 wishes and then Beth will help persuade his grandmother to move to the country.  Along the way they both discover the truth about each other and fall in love.  She believes that at the end of the time, he will still send her to the country and she worries that he will not be able to find the culprit who is trying to kill him.  He worries that she will not be able to forgive him for his callous words a few years ago. I enjoyed the story a lot.  I enjoyed his proposal at the end it was just perfect. I will definitely pick up book 1 and book 3 to see how her other sisters end up with their happy ever after.

A copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book and my comments here are my honest opinion.