rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Hard Breaker: A Beauty and Beast Novel (Gargoyles Series)
Christine Warren
Too Scot to Handle (Windham Brides) - Grace Burrowes

I love Grace Burrowes take on the Regency romance and I love revisiting the Windham family the most.  With that said, I honestly had trouble getting into this one. The characters were good; overall, out of the two main characters, I think I liked Colin the most. The plot was just there, nothing dramatic happened, they came together very easily; no misunderstandings took place, they came out quickly to say "I love you", the villain was a tiny bit weak, though the prank on Colin was well devised and added a flair to the story. I also liked how the villain was so conceited; Grace Burrowes did a good job with his dialogue, he came across as both annoying and selfish, which was good. I liked the orphans a lot; they had well-developed character traits and were fun anytime they were on the page. I don't know what it was about this one, but I couldn't get into it. I've read 33 books by Grace Burrowes and I think this is the first one I can say didn't grab me and keep me interested. The romance was sweet and everything seemed to fall into place perfectly for the couple. When you all read it, when it comes out in July, I would love to hear back from you as to what you think, if you have read Grace Burrowes before. It did end well. There was a twist at the end when it came to the villain though I do think he/she/they got off easy. This wasn't my favorite of Burrowes but it was good.