rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Leopard's Fury (A Leopard Novel)
Christine Feehan
Born of Defiance (A League Novel) - Sherrilyn Kenyon

Talyn and Felicia's story is different than the others in the series. For one, it's events coincide and run parallel with book 1, Born of Night, so it takes place at the very beginning. Also what throws it off is the fact that Talyn is Fain Hauk's full grown son and Fain doesn't know of him. Because of this Talyn has grown up as a "lack-Vest", which means one of his parents is unknown or in the case of Fain, an Outcast (a disinherited male). Because of this distinction, he is also looked upon as sub-par or a "mongrel dog" and treated with no respect at all. He is put through so much abuse and set backs yet he keeps fighting for the life he wants. Felicia is a female who was acknowledged by her father but her mother and father were not married, ever, so she also has a tough road a head of her just not as bad as Talyn. When they meet, Talyn contracts her to be his paid companion, he is tired of being alone and there is something sweet and innocent about Felicia that draws him in. They can't help but fall in love and fight for each other during this supercharged intense adventure where a government coup is started to overthrow the corrupt Andarian government and put Nykerian as heir and his mother as queen. The villains were bad, the conflicts were intense, Talyn did seem to take a lot of beatings that were intense and the fact that they can never legally be together (married) because his father won't claim him (yet) is tragic. It was a very enjoyable story and this couple, I think, deserve their happy ending so much more so than the other couples in the series. These two went through so much, some unbelievable (his countless beatings and tortures), and they remained hopeful for a future for each other. It was a good story.