rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Hard Breaker: A Beauty and Beast Novel (Gargoyles Series)
Christine Warren
Born of Betrayal (The League: Nemesis Rising) - Sherrilyn Kenyon

The action keeps getting heavier and more intense as the war against the League continues on. Fain and Galene are two who have loved each other since they were kids and were promised to each other their whole lives, but the ruling family Anatole were up to their meddling in their lives and forced Fain to leave her right as they were preparing for their graduation. What Fain was unaware of at the time was that she was pregnant with Talyn when things fell apart. What surprised me with their story is his true feelings about Omira, Sumi's dead older sister. Up until this story, we are led to believe he truly loved his human wife, but that isn't the case and all that we thought we knew about Fain isn't even close to the truth. A lot of secrets are revealed as they fight together to find a traitor in their midst. Their love story was strong and I loved the hazing that Talyn kind of put him through. Especially when Fain finally puts the pieces together and Talyn in his dry dead-pan humorous tone tells his mom he has finally figured out that he isn't her boy toy but her son. Watching their relationship develop and their happy ending was so enjoyable and when Talyn and Felicia finally get to get married was so perfect. I loved that sequence of scenes so much. Over all things are going so well with this series and I love every intense moment of each book. I have two more to read before I am finally caught up. This is definitely one of my absolute favorite series of all times. On to Born of Legend.