rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Bound to a Spy: An All the Queen's Spies Novel
Sharon Cullen
Caught by the Scot (Made to Marry) - Karen Hawkins

The first book in a new series brings a batch of brothers who would rather be wenching, flirting, and riding the high seas than to ever become an honest married man. That is until their older sister dies in childbirth and in her will she requires them all to marry respectable women within three months of her passing or lose their inheritance. The first brother up for wedded bliss is Conner, the middle brother, and he decides that he isn't going to give up his chosen lifestyle. He is going to marry a quiet woman who he can set up at his country home while he goes off riding the high seas and seducing the wives of other men. He decides the perfect candidate is the younger sister of his best friend. But what he doesn't plan on is that once he finally shows up to propose, she has run off with a local squire.

Thea has loved Conner since she was a young girl but he has never truly seen her. She is only the little sister of his friend and so she finally decides enough is enough and she wants her own household and family. Her candidate for marriage is a decent fellow but he doesn't spark the desire Conner has always been successful at (if unknowingly) pulling out of her. When he shows up during her elopement and tags along, she comes to realize that she was never successful in giving up her love for him but spending time with him has also shown her that their love is doomed. He is married to the sea and will never be happy on land.

This was a fun story. The antics Conor gets up to to slow down the elopement were fun to watch and how she kept getting so frustrated with his meddling was great. I loved the scene in the breakfast room of one of the inns they staid at between her and Lance when they both decide that they aren't meant to be was priceless. Lance does get his happily ever after too which was nice to see. Overall an enjoyable story and I look forward to watching the other brothers find true love.