rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

The Rose Red Bride
Claire Delacroix
Heart of Fire (Legends of the Storm) (Volume 1) - Bec McMaster

A new series from the author that brought us the steampunk series, London Steampunk, is now trying her hand at dragons in 1800s Iceland. This was a fresh spin on the dragon genre of paranormal romance and I liked Bec's take on the lore. The two main characters were strong and suited each other well. The plot developed nicely and slowly, and also kept the reader entertained. The conflict and villains varied in degrees of badness and not all bad guys ended up actually being bad guys, which kept it fresh and moving along. Freyja was a strong character and I am curious about her origins because Bec doesn't tell us in this book what her origins are though little teaser hints are dropped along the way. Watching Rurik work to win her was fun and their passion was good though I could have used more. Overall, this series definitely has potential and I am already wanting to read more about the dragons and Rurik's path towards returning home and confronting his uncle and mother.