rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Once Upon a Rose (La Vie en Roses Book 1)
Laura Florand
Shadow's Curse - Alexa Egan

I had difficulty getting into this one and staying interested. The passion felt stunted and rushed in its description. The villain was good and the conflict was interesting, but the plot just was hard to get into.  Not really sure what it was exactly that I found hard to get into. The characters were good, though the tension between the two could have been more developed. The passion could have been explored and drawn out; he was a womanizer after all so that aspect could have played more of a role (his reputation coming back to bite him, him being placed in a situation where she could misconstrue what was going on, etc.) in the tension and emotional development of their relationship. When he goes into Death to save her was a good scene, that added some emotional suspense to the plot. There wasn't anything bad about it; I was just a bit bored.