rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Should've Been You: A Man Enough Romance
Nicole Perkins McLaughlin
Burning Alive - Shannon K. Butcher

Book one in the Sentinels was good. I loved the adventure, the characters were strong and carried the plot well. The conflict was big and dramatic, definitely series in the making good, and the sub characters pulled the reader into wanting to know more about the Sentinels and their women. Drake has been fighting the war against the demons for centuries with no hope of peace of any kind coming his way. He feels his time is slipping away with each leaf that falls but isn’t willing to stop fighting until the very end. When he sees Helen across a diner with fear clouding her eyes he is drawn in, but when he touches her and his decades-long pain ends, he knows he will never let her go and will fight to keep her by his side. She has a crippling fear of fire and of burning alive. She has seen herself burn alive in her dreams her whole life and one man stands by and watches as she dies, smiling. When she finally sees him across the diner, she is frozen in fear, but can’t explain why she is so drawn to the man who is going to stand by and watch her die. When demons attack and she is thrust into a world she didn’t know existed, her life will never be the same again. And Drake is going to make sure she has no choice about the matter. Their story was great. Loved it and will read more in this series.