rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Laird of the Black Isle
Paula Quinn
Addicted to Love (Flatiron Five Book 2) - Deborah Cooke

I almost didn’t read this one. Didn’t particularly like book one, Simply Irrisitable, so I wasn’t in a rush to try more. Man am I glad I went back and tried it. Loved every second of it. It has the kind of character development rarely seen in romance novels. Everything happens within a few days, maybe a week or two, but this one started twelve years ago when they first met, then flash-forward to present day and he is her brother’s best friend, their past is a secret, she is married and he is the bearer of bad news. From that moment on it is a slow burn and a strong build up to a great relationship. It spans months and Cooke does it seamlessly with no dull parts. It was great. I loved the slow build. I loved that Kyle had to work for it and that Lauren refused to settle. The progression of the book was great and the conflicts were strong. I loved how Lauren set her cheating ex-husband straight in front of a group of strangers, and I love how Kyle grew from a man who wanted nothing but one night stands, to one who wanted forever and how he grew as a character. There isn't anything I didn’t like about this book.