rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

The Good, the Bad, and the Duke
Janna MacGregor
The Harder You Fall (Original Heartbreakers) - Gena Showalter Book three in the Original Heartbreakers brings us West, the enigma and computer nerd billionaire game developer friend of Jase and Beck. He is an enigma because for the past ten years he has only allowed himself to have a relationship with a woman for two months out of each year, different girl each time, and on the anniversary of their two months he breaks it off completely. He even goes into his two month romances with all of his cards on the table and it always happens that the women always think they will be the one to win him and keep him. Since moving to Strawberry Valley, one woman has infuriated him and intrigued him and that is Jessie Kay Dillon, the older sister to Jase’s girl, Brook Lynn. Now he has sworn her off because she slept with both Beck and Jase when they first moved to town while she was still a major party girl and he refuses to get with a girl his friends have had, no matter how much he wants her. Jase and Beck both know he has the hots for her and no one understands why he won’t pursue her, but he continues to resist and it is a battle of wills and wits the both have come to both enjoy and hate that keeps bringing them back into each other’s sphere. Jessie Kay has sworn off partying, men, and sex until she finds the man who will want her forever. She no longer wants to be wanted only for a good time and is working really hard at trying to make it up to her sister for all of the hassle and stress she put her through because of her behavior. She likes West a lot, but she actually thinks he hates her with how they always butt heads, so when he flirts with her out of the blue and looks her way like a starving man eyeing his next meal, she doesn’t know what to make of it or expect. But when he shows up to Harlow and Beck’s wedding with his next flavor of the two months she refuses to spend another second secretly pining for a man who doesn’t want her for anything but a one night stand. Sparks definitely fly between these two and when Beck and Harlow and Jase and Brook Lynn’s happily ever after forces West to leave his home to avoid all the lovey-dovey, he finds himself in Jessie Kay’s driveway and decides what the heck. He moves in and starts trying to convince her to be his next two month romance, but he comes to realize rather quickly she wants nothing to do with having a one night stand or a two month relationship, she wants it all or nothing. When his prospective girlfriend threatens Jessie Kay, West gets very protective and possessive. As the threats keep coming, they get closer and closer until he finally explains his reasons for his two month thing. She understands, but she also won’t settle. I loved their story. I loved watching them clash wits against each other and the personality of Jessie Kay was so vibrant and loud; she just jumped off the page. I loved it and am happy to see all three guys find acceptance, love, forgiveness, redemption, and happiness. They all had horrible experiences in foster care, and Jace in prison, that I really wanted to see them find peace and they did. Loved it and so glad this series didn’t end with them. On to more!! YAY.