rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

The Good, the Bad, and the Duke
Janna MacGregor
Can't Hardly Breathe - Gena Showalter Book four in the Original Heartbreakers brings us the first of the next three damaged men, this time ex-military instead of ex-foster care. We met Daniel in Jessie Kay’s book. He is her really good friend and he and his two pals run a security firm from Strawberry Valley. Daniel has been using Dorothea’s inn as his personal stomping ground with his dates. We met Dorothea in Hallow’s book. She is a sweet curvaceous beauty who hasn’t had a lot of good fortune in her life. She has loved Daniel since he was a senior and her a sophomore in high school, but she has kept her distance because she doesn’t believe he could truly like her when he seems to go for stick thin tall blondes and she in nothing like that. Daniel does find her attractive, but her shyness has caused him to keep his distance; however, when she shows up at his hotel door in nothing but a trench coat, he can’t believe his eyes and he behaves poorly. He almost ruined any chance with her from the get go, but he works to rectify the situation pronto. I enjoyed watching them grow together, learn about each other, and become stronger individuals because of their relationship with each other. This series is just so enjoyable, real and down to earth, yet still has the tense emotional strife that pulls the reader in and keeps you turning the pages. Love it and am ready for more.