rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Laird of the Black Isle
Paula Quinn
A Wish Upon Jasmine (La Vie en Roses) (Volume 2) - Laura Florand

The second book in the La Vie en Rose series focuses on the business savvy Damien. The one known for being cold and ruthless when it comes to protecting his family’s business interests. Six months ago he met a woman that didn’t treat him like the wealthy, connection-rich business man he is known as around the world. They met at a perfume launch party and he thought they hit it off, but the next morning she was gone before he awoke. He discovered she was part owner of a new perfume business that he just took over, and anytime he reached out to her she treated him like she couldn’t care less about him. Six months later she is in Grasse, France and just inherited his family's original perfume shoppe thanks to his Tante Collete, the same woman who gave away part of Matt’s valley in book one. He is resentful and cold and angry with her from the moment he walks into the shop.

Six months ago, Jasmine was a well sought after perfumer who attempted to start her own company, fell in love with a man she met at a party not realizing who he truly was until the next morning, and was dealing with her father slowly dying, all at the same time. To say she didn’t handle Damien well is an understatement. Now she is in Grasse and suddenly finds him coming into her shop and challenging her to come up with his own personal sent, and if she can, she can keep the shop otherwise he will take her to court to get it back. Along the way, his anger with how things played out plays a pivotal role in how their relationship develops this time around. I think his anger was a bit extreme, especially once he finds out what she was dealing with at the time and how she saw him buying her company. I think he held onto that resentment a bit too long and let’s face it, they had one night together in New York and for both of them it was more than a one night stand, but neither communicated well and she really should have heard him out, so they were both in the wrong with how things were handled. I’m not sure his anger was truly justified. Not when he discovers everything about her and who she is as a person and how she handles tough situations, which is poorly.

With that said, I loved how much he loved her and I loved how she tried to tell him she loved him without actually saying the words. It was romantic, passionate, sweet, and overall a feel good romance story. I’m so happy they ended up together and they learned how to communicate with each other when words weren’t always easy for either of them. A beautiful story.