rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

The Good, the Bad, and the Duke
Janna MacGregor
True As Fate - Laurie Alice Eakes

I received this books as part of the NERFA romance writers contest to be judged. First, the good aspects: the plot was amazing, the characters were strong, the conflict well-developed and multifaceted. I loved the characters and their adventure. Chloe was such a strong female protagonist and she kept Ross on his toes.  Ross was complex and well-defined.  You understood his motivations, his drive for vengeance, and even why he clung to the ideal that Chloe’s sister represented. Overall great story. Now for my one and only negative…it was more a historical fiction then a historical romance. Yes they kissed and they were attracted to each other but beyond one, maybe two, passionate kisses there is absolutely no passion.  No sex, no indecent moments, nothing. If you can keep in mind that this isn’t really a romance, then you will love the story because it was great, but I expected a romance and didn’t get it.  Yes it is a love story, but a tame and “proper for the times” kind of love story.  I’m giving this 4 stars because the plot and characters are strong enough and entertaining enough that I kept with it, but I am disappointed there was no passion.  If it had that it would definitely be a 5 star romance all the way.  I do recommend it, just go into it knowing there won’t be the traditional romance novel qualities that we look for and enjoy when we pick up one to read.