rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Wyvern's Angel
Deborah Cooke
It's All About The Duke - Amelia Grey

He is the last rake of the St. James trio that used to leave a wake of broken hearts and empty pockets all around London who isn't married.  He has quieted his ways now that he is turning 30, and it doesn't help that his two partners in crime are happily married. Being he is the last Rake of St. James, he is the last one still talked about in the scandal sheets of Miss. Honora Truth. No one knows who he or she is, but he is tired of the sins of his past coming back to haunt him.  When he is asked to become the guardian of an innocent young lady, his first response was no, but one night he had a bit too much to drink and wrote to agree.  Come morning, it was too late to back out, so now he is responsible for Miss. Marlena Fast.

The moment Rath walks up her door step and introduces himself, she is sure her secret has been found out and he is there to send her to Newgate.  But no, he is there because he is her new guardian and she doesn't know what to do about that.  The more time they spend together the more she comes to see that he isn't the evil rake she has painted in her scandal sheets, and the people she also wrote about are not evil either. The more she gets to know them the more she feels guilt over her actions. As Rath and Marlena get to know each other, it becomes clear that they both have feelings for the other. Rath ends up not wanting her marry anyone but him, but will be be able to forgive her for writing the scandal sheet and starting a rumor at White's that could have led to his friend's sisters getting hurt when they debuted?

I enjoyed their story.  They were entertaining characters and the story was well developed.  There were the occasional slow part, but for the most part the plot moved steadily and the conclusion was exactly like I wanted it to be.  Overall, enjoyable and entertaining.