rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Wyvern's Angel
Deborah Cooke
Night - Marion Wiesel, Elie Wiesel

I have read Night several times, and every time I read it I am reminded of why it is such a great book.  I picked up some 9th grade English classes this school year and it was on the required reading list. I really looked forward to re-reading it with the students. It was amazing to watch them get drawn in to his story. They were shocked at the atrocities that were committed, were able to understand and follow Elie's journey and I had a few say they loved the book or that it was a good read.

It is such a powerful, well-written, and eloquent account of what Elie and so many other Jews went through during the Holocaust. If you haven't read it, it is definitely one that needs to be added to your TBR Bucket List. His use of internal dialogue, first person narrative, and reflection throughout the story pulls the reader in and keeps their attention.  You become a witness to what happened. Beautiful.  Powerful. Memorable. And one of my absolute favorite books of all time.