rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Wyvern's Angel
Deborah Cooke
The Duke of Lies - Darcy Burke

This was a fun story.  Verity and Kit were great characters and they carried the plot really well.  I liked the concept; a man pretends to be a duke in order to steal funds to buy a new ship, meets his dead half-brother’s clearly abused widow and her son, and comes to realize that life on land can be home even more so than the sea if you have the right people in it.  Their adventure was enjoyable and entertaining, and I am glad Rufus ended up in fact being dead because, from all accounts, he was a horrible man, and I’m glad that Verity found true happiness with a man who could appreciate her. Beau, her son, was a priceless character, and I think it was definitely him who won Kit’s loyalty and love first. He was just too precious to resist and Kit was no match for him.  The villain and conflict were engaging and fit the story really well. Overall, I really liked this story.  I haven’t read a lot by this author but I definitely wasn’t disappointed.  It has passion, suspense, adventure, humor, and strong characters that all blend into a great love story.