rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Shadow Keeper - Christine Feehan

The third installment of the Shadow Riders series focuses on Giovanni Ferraro, the one who was shot and can’t travel through shadows, so his job has become the quintessential playboy in order to give his family the alibis they need to do their work. He hates it. It has caused him to become jaded and cynical because all of the women he meets only want his money or the publicity his family name can provide, never ever him. Sasha is a waitress in the Ferraro club in Chicago and she unfortunately overheard him tell his brothers and cousins about a game that is vulgar and demeaning. A game based on points earned for having women do certain things without being asked or told; they have to offer it freely or initiate it. The moment Giovanni sees that Sasha has overheard the rules of this game he doesn’t understand his reaction to her anger and judgement of him but the fact that she stands up to him in her own way snags his attention. When he later has to rescue her after she is assaulted by other customers, he whisks her away from the club and that starts the whirlwind relationship between the two. She doesn’t take his crap and she speaks her mind and she doesn’t trust why Giovanni seems to be pursuing her. They are both stubborn and strong willed. When he finds out she is working two full time jobs to pay for her brother’s medical care, he can’t help but admire and respect her more and more and he really wants to take care of her, though she tells him how she feels about that quite succinctly. Sasha has had it rough ever since her parents were killed in a car accident and her older brother suffered a severe brain injury. She knows she doesn’t belong in Giovanni’s world but she can’t help but be drawn to him and see beneath his public persona. When a stalker breaks into her apartment Giovani and the rest of the Ferraro family come to her aid and the conflict becomes more complex and intriguing. They have to work together to figure out who her stalker is and it isn’t a clear cut case to say the least. I loved their adventure. The plot was multifaceted and engaging. The characters were entertaining and strong and I loved coming back to the Ferraro family. The series is really standing out in the Feehan universe for me as one of my favorites for sure.