rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

The Good, the Bad, and the Duke
Janna MacGregor
Dragonmark: A Dark-Hunter Novel (Dark-Hunter Novels) - Sherrilyn Kenyon

This installment of the Dark-Hunter series was hard to get into. Things moved way too quickly with the couple, and Edilyn supposedly hated dragons but the moment she is asked to mate with one she didn't hesitate. I didn’t like Edilyn in the beginning; she came across as naive and under-developed because of how rushed their relationship seemed to evolve. Compared to Illarion, she was flat and not a strong match for him. The plot seemed rushed and jumped ahead a lot for such a small book. The plot did improve a lot after they were forced into another realm by Morgan le Fey and things took a turn for the worse. Once Illarion was in modern times and reunited with his brothers and the rest of the DH crew joined up, it became really good. Apollo is up to no good again and he teams up with Kessler, the Gallu demon, and they want something Illarion has guarded for centuries.  Once in modern times, Jossette and Cadegan's story, Son of No One, and Maxis and Sera's story, Dragonbane, is relived but through Illarion's point of view. That was cool revisiting those two stories. Apollo uses Edilyn to try and manipulate Illarion and that whole portion of the book and the conclusion was good, though I would have loved to have some more time with the characters being they were separated by hundreds of years.  Once they were reunited, I wanted more. Overall, not my favorite in the DH series but not bad.