rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Born of Darkness - Lara Adrian

First in a new series that follows the genetically created Hunters from Dragos' assassin project brings us Breed warriors who have only known cruelty, loneliness, death, and fear. Asher is a Breed male living out in the middle of the desert content with his quiet, lonely, yet peaceful life on his ranch. He doesn’t like going out where people reside and when he is heading home from just one of those supply trips and sees a kid getting manhandled by a trio of goons he really doesn’t want to get involved, but he does. What he doesn’t expect is a short spit-fire young woman who won’t stop talking and ends up being a Breedmate. He still wants nothing to do with her, but is honor bound to protect her. When she steals his truck in the middle of the day, he is hell bent to teach her a valuable lesson and save her from the casino boss she is stealing money from.

Naomi has known pain and sorrow and wants vengeance against the casino boss who murdered her mom. She also wants to keep helping the street kids her and her best friend having been helping for going on 18 years, ever since they met on the streets themselves when they were 8 years old. The audacity of the Breed male who thinks to send her off the a Dark Haven for her own good has another thing coming if he thinks she will just go meekly away.

Their story was intense, fast paced, entertaining, and very passionate. When Asher’s truth comes out about the role he played in the Hunter program, she has a hard time coming to terms with it all. I’m glad she got her vengeance and I am also glad Asher found himself a home and family. Enjoyed their story and look forward to more.