rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Midnight Unbound - Lara Adrian

The novella focuses on the Hunter, Scythe, and a widow named Chiara. It is set in Italy, on a vineyard no less, and these two come together to deal with a stalker who broke into her home and attacked her. Scythe is called into deal with the threat and he really doesn’t want to do it. He is attracted to Chiara and her son Pietro, but he lost a woman and son he cared about many years ago and he refuses to get involved in another pair in danger. He grudgingly agrees and they go back to her home to wait and catch the stalker because they know he will come again. Scythe tries to avoid Chiara and Chiara is frustrated with his cold demeanor, but she can’t help being drawn to him as well. Their story was enjoyable. It is a novella but their relationship was started in another book so the quickness of the relationship was believable and not quick at all. The plot was entertaining and the conflict was strong. I liked the characters and the struggles they faced in order to have a happily ever after. I enjoyed it.