rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

In Mood Fur Love
Kate Baxter, Eve Langlais, Milly Taiden
Magic Born (The Guardian #2)
Rayanne Haines
Claimed in Shadows - Lara Adrian

Aric Chase is kind of like royalty in the Order as son to Stirling “Harvard” Chase and Tavia. He has worked his way up the ranks and wants nothing more than to run his own team. On his way back from England, he is ordered to take a detour in Montreal in order to aid in an operation only a Daywalker, like him, can do. He is teamed up with Order rookie Kaya who is also dedicated to earning her spot in the Order. They butt heads at first and she doesn’t think much of him. He is a rich charmer that comes across as not having to work too hard for anything in his life, while she grew up poor on the streets and had a rough life until she fell in with the Order. While on their mission, things don’t go as planned and she thinks she has ruined all chance for her to earn a spot on a team. Aric is definitely drawn to her but he isn’t looking for any sort of entanglements, especially not a Breedmate, so he tries to keep his distance but the spirit and drive he sees in Kaya appeals to the same traits he has to accomplish his goals. They work together to try and stop Opus Nostrum and their war against the Breed, but with every lead they discover, someone beats them to it and kills the suspect violently. As more leads die it becomes apparent that they have a mole and Aric can’t help but see that Kaya isn’t being honest with him and is growing more and more distant. It isn’t until it is almost too late to stop the attack that she comes clean about her secrets. It was enjoyable and entertaining. Action packed and passionate. I feel really sorry about his best friend Rafe so I really hope his book is next and whomever he ends up with will definitely have a battle to earn his trust after what happened to him in this book. So good. Want more.