rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Legacy of Danger - Jillian David

The next installment was good and entertaining, though I think it was not my favorite in the series.  The adventure continues and the darkness is becoming more and more bold. Wyatt Bland has set his sight on Mariah and he won’t take no for an answer. When Vaughn steps in to save her at the hospital from Wyatt’s aggressive overtures, it starts the ball rolling on their adventure, and it is very rocky.  Vaughn isn’t great with words, and he carries around so much guilt that he doesn’t believe he deserves a woman like Mariah, but his powers become a bit obsessive when it comes to protecting her and he can’t seem to walk away.  Mariah has been through hell, and now that she is in Copper Valley, she is working off her medical school loans and working on dealing with her own demons. So when a tortured Vaughn sweeps into town with his hot and cold moods, she knows she shouldn’t get involved with him, but she can’t seem to stop from being drawn to him. Story was good, there was some emotional tension, the plot flowed well, and the conflict was believable.  I think I preferred book 2, Eric and Shelby’s story more, but I am glad the missing brother has returned home and is back with his family on the ranch.