rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Darkness Surrendered (Order of the Blade #3) - Stephanie Rowe

Elijah is a tormented warrior who has lost his mind and is being used by Ezekiel to destroy his friends and teammates. At the end of book 2, he is buried alive and left by his teammates and friends, so when this one opens up it is right where the series left off. Ana is searching for her mate, who she knows has survived, and when they unearth him he is not the same man who sacrificed himself to try and save her in book 1. Their story is a tormented one. She represents all of his nightmares and he knows that he is one slip away from total and complete madness so he tries to keep his distance. She knows it is her fault he is as tortured as he is and it was her fault that he was killed, revived, captured, and tortured in order to be used as a weapon against the Order. All she wants is to give him his life back; she knows she doesn’t deserve anything else, so she tries to keep her distance. It doesn’t help either of them that her touch is the only thing that keeps his demons from coming back. While they struggle with the mixed emotions they bring out in each other, they are trying to find a way to kill their enemy. This one is action packed just like the previous two books.  The action was good. The emotional tension was good and the plot was strong. I did feel like at a certain part it did seem to drag a bit but overall enjoyable and entertaining. The bad guy is epic in this one. The final battle was well written and great. I enjoyed it. However, I think book 2 is my favorite so far.