rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Highland Sword (Royal Highlander)
May McGoldrick
Promise of Darkness - Bec McMaster

A nice new spin on the classic Hades and Persephone story. It was good, intense, and emotional. I liked it. Not my favorite Bec McMaster book, but I think it definitely has potential. The plot concept was interesting and different. The characters were well developed. I’m not sure what slowed me down in reading it, but I did feel like there were parts I struggled to keep up with it. I am interested in more from the couple and their friends and of course her mother who is a real piece of work to curse her own daughter to forget the man she loves and married over and over for 13 long years. I don’t understand how he kept going after each time of having to woo her slowly; even with the 3 month time clock ticking away, and then to be confronted with someone who saw you as a stranger 9 months later. Heart-breaking. But it does end well, though there is a major cliffhanger; a new war starts on the last page of the book. It will be interesting to see how this new series unfolds.