rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Once Upon a Rose (La Vie en Roses Book 1)
Laura Florand
Mercury Striking - Rebecca Zanetti

Review: I picked this one up at Netgalley on a whim.  The synopsis looked interesting and the cover was appealing, but I had not read anything from this author before.  Well, I am SO glad I did, because I couldn't put it down.  I read it in two days and it was one of those books I couldn't put down to the point that I was up till well past 1 AM reading.  It is also the first book of 2016 to receive 6 stars from me. The characters were very strong, dynamic, and complex.  Mercury was such a strong male protagonist, he owned every page he showed up on.  Lynn is a great match for him.  She is soft and compassionate and knows how to get under his rough exterior to the heart underneath.  The plot was complex and constantly moving. There were surprises and unexpected twists.  The conflict is well developed and is difficult for the main characters to overcome.  This story reminded me of Resident Evil and World War Z (though the human race hasn't turned into zombies, per se). It also had elements of other great post apocalyptic story lines. This one had all of the great blockbuster elements that make for an awesome story and an awesome read.  I can't wait for book 2.