rendezvouswitharomance

Rendezvous With A Romance

Please feel free to check out my blog @

Hard Breaker: A Beauty and Beast Novel (Gargoyles Series)
Christine Warren
Guardian's Mate -  Jennifer Ashley

There has never been a female Guardian, until now.  Zander is the eccentric healer that everyone thinks is crazy and he has retreated back to his Alaskan home to find solitude and peace.  What he wasn't expecting was for a favor to be called in and for him to have to take on the very first female Guardian and train her.  Rae is really out of her comfort zone and doesn't like being left by her foster father with Zander, the crazy polar bear shifter.  Well, adventure follows Zander and it doesn't take long until they are going into the environs of Alaska to release a dead shifter's soul, end up in a bar fight, get chased out of Alaska by bounty hunters, and end up back home in Montana with a broken sword on the hunt for feral shifters.  It was fun and their banter back and forth was enjoyable to watch.  I liked watching them try and resist each other because they really couldn't afford to let into their mating frenzy while dealing with everything they dealt with. Zander, I think is one of my favorite characters; you really don't know what to expect to come out of his mouth, how he will react to things, or the fact that he seemed less guarded than the other shifters.  Part of it I think is because he was never collared and seems to be able to make friends anywhere he goes. I liked their story a lot.  A lot happens in such a short amount of pages, only 336 pages.  The size of the book is deceiving, it is jam packed with adventure, humor, passion, friendships, and experiences.  I loved it.